Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ups and Downs

Monday was supposed to be a day filled with presents and treats and a fun bowling outing to celebrate Jacob's birthday. Instead, Jacob rang in his 14th year by throwing up repeatedly, beginning around 8 a.m. and ending with a final upchuck at 11 p.m. The poor kid spent his entire birthday on the couch moaning and vomiting and looking downright miserable. And I spent the entire day emptying and cleaning his puke bucket, and notifying everyone of the bowling party postponement. Fortunately, the birthday boy felt much better on Tuesday morning and was finally able to open his gifts and eat again. The flu-type bug was most likely passed on to him from Norm and/or Eric who were both, unfortunately, under-the-weather on Christmas. Boo stomach viruses!

On Wednesday, I visited my dentist to have two teeth yanked out and have prep work done for a bridge. Unbelievably, both teeth came out very quickly and easily (even the dentist expressed surprise), and I have experienced almost no pain since the extractions. I wish all of my dental surgeries would go so well.

Today we were able to gather a group of 13 bowlers and 4 spectators at a local establishment for our much-anticipated, but 3-day-late birthday bowling party. Everyone had a great time, and 5-year-old Muffin seemed to have the best time of all. He was eager and animated and actually rolled a 104 on his first game - with the aid of bumpers in the gutters. I would have posted pictures, but I discovered a few minutes ago that my camera cords were outside in the car, and I was definitely too lazy to venture out to retrieve them. I will snap some more photos at tomorrow night's New Year's Eve party, then post a plethora of pictures (well, 5 or 6 anyway) in a few days.

Happy New Year!

No comments: