Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lost and Found

I love making lists. If not for my lists, I would probably forget to do half of the stuff that I am supposed to do and would only remember half of the things that I need while out shopping. Last week, I wrote a very extensive list of items that I have to purchase before Christmas. It contained many clever gift ideas that I had come up with for everyone - including some for Jacob's birthday - and numerous other things that I had to buy at the store.

I stopped at CVS on Friday night to pick up some sinus pills, and pulled out the list to see what other drugstore merchandise was on it. After checking out, I hopped into the car and drove over to Target to continue my shopping. Once inside the store, I reached into my pocket to retrieve my list. It wasn't there. I checked my purse, but couldn't find it in there, either. I began to worry, convinced that I would never, ever be able to remember everything on the list if I had to duplicate it. I recalled seeing the list in the CVS shopping cart next to my purse, and wondered if I had inadvertently left it there. Panic! I rushed out of Target, jumped into the car, and hightailed it back to CVS, praying that their employees had not been ambitious enough to clear my shopping cart out of the parking lot in the 15 minutes that had passed since I departed. I spotted a buggy near the space where I had been parked, and screeched up to it. I could see a paper being blown around in the back of the cart. You can imagine my relief when I saw that it was indeed my precious list, a little damp and crinkled, but intact enough to read. Big whew!

I started cleaning out the garage and downstairs room at the condo recently, and in the process, I located almost all of the winter coats, hats, boots, and gloves that had been misplaced in our move. I was also able to make enough room inside the garage to fit both of our vehicles, although it is a fairly tight squeeze trying to actually get into and out of the cars. I was happy that they were in the garage today, though, when I watched the neighbors scraping ice and snow off their vehicles that were parked outdoors in the blustery conditions. I am finding condo life pretty sweet right now since the roads got plowed, our driveway was cleared, and the walkway & steps were shoveled right up to our front door. It kind of takes the challenge out of winter, not having to dig out. Our official snow total at DTW for today was 6 inches and the white blanket looks beautiful out there!

1 comment:

ModemMama said...

That's incredible that you found your list. I left my 'to do' list for work home yesterday and without it I had no idea what I needed to do so I went home and got it. I understand!