Friday, December 3, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe that there are only three weeks until Christmas! Even though our tree is up & decorated, I am feeling quite unprepared. I spent a few hours this afternoon stringing lights in our front condo window, using about 200 strips of tape in the process to make sure that the twisty wires would stay in place. I also have our Christmas cards sitting on the kitchen table waiting to be written out and mailed so people will have our new address this year. I still have to do all of my shopping, not only for Christmas, but for Jacob's birthday as well. And I have to bake cookies. And make sure that Jacob stays on track with his schoolwork. And get some major dental work done. And finish cleaning out the condo garage so we can pull two cars into it at the same time, preferably before we have a significant snowfall. Et cetera.

Jim and Adam will be back in town on the 18th. We are having a birthday party for Jacob & Richie the next day, then we are heading up north to ski on the 20th. So, really, that leaves a mere two weeks to get everything ready for the holidays. And the birthday party. And our out-of-town trip. I suppose the smart thing to do would be to get off the computer now and write out those Christmas cards. Off I go - expect your card in a few days.

No comments: