Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Day

After a pleasant, though hectic, weekend, Jim, Adam, Jacob, and I hopped into the car and headed north yesterday. On our way out of town we stopped at a local ski shop where I was insulted by a young salesman who informed me that the boots that I expressed an interest in buying were "too high performance" for me. I felt like telling him that I have been skiing for 40 years - almost twice as long as he has been alive - and I know what kind of ski boots I can handle. Whippersnapper.

We arrived at Boyne Highlands Resort last evening, in plenty of time for the boys to partake in some nighttime skiing/boarding. (I was too wimpy/lazy to don my ski wear and head out with them.) I did join everyone on the slopes today. The weather was wonderful - nice temperatures & many feet of snow - and, unlike some previous years, there were lots of trails open for us to enjoy. We will ski again tomorrow before cruising on back home at night. On Thursday, I will return to my frantic pre-Christmas chores & preparations, which include chauffeuring Irma to a doctor appointment very early that morning and completing my shopping in the afternoon. Hopefully, I will finish up with everything and be able to spend the weekend relaxing with the family. I am beginning to see the light at the end of my busy holiday tunnel, just in time to tackle Jacob's birthday (fun) and a double tooth extraction (not so fun) next week.

Adam, Jacob, and Jim posed on the slopes.

No one would stop to pose with me next to this pretty tree.

No comments: