Friday, May 30, 2008

Pictures to Come - Eventually

I have tried three different times to upload some pictures, but the ship's internet is not being very cooperative. I should be able to post them when we arrive at our hotel in Seattle on Saturday night.

When we were in Juneau on Wednesday, we visited the Mendenhall Glacier. (Pix to come) We hiked to a gorgeous waterfall. (Pix to come) In order to reach the waterfall, we had to maneuver - climb - over a 200 foot long stretch of boulders. (Pix to come) I stepped into a crevice, and twisted my ankle. (Pix to come) My ankle made a funny popping sound and hurt a lot. (No pix) I could barely walk, so I went to the ship's medical center. (Pix to come) The doctor diagnosed me with a dislocated peroneal tendon and injured ligaments. The tendon actually flops back and forth over my ankle bone. Jacob tagged along with me to the medical facility, and was so grossed out by the entire check up that he had the doctor laughing out loud at his squeamishness. The doctor wrapped my ankle (Pix to come) and advised me to see an orthopedic surgeon as soon as I arrive back home. Although it still hurts a bit, the ankle feels much better than it did two days ago, and I only walk with a slight limp now. Due to the injury, I had to cancel my Ziplining Tour because you are required to have to have full use of your legs, arms, hands, and feet. This was the excursion that I was quite nervous about in the first place. Jim told me that if I really did not want to go, I should have just said so, instead of resorting to such extreme measures. He and Adam did "zipline" (Pix to come) and had a great time.

We also came in first place in the ship's "Week-long Mega Scavenger Hunt." We had to gather 28 trinkets, obtain 20 crew member signatures (Jacob's specialty - he will talk to anyone), and answer 20 questions. We won tote bags, more hats, luggage tags, and travel document holders. It has certainly been a prize-winning week for us! Now where do we pack it all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have an excellant orthopedist at St Marys - remember Laura's surgery and my month long black cast that got me thru the first cruise (ankle injury)?