Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Off to Alaska

Next week, we are going to Alaska. We will spend some time at Denali National Park gazing at Mt. McKinley and then hang around Anchorage for a couple of days. On Saturday, the 24th, we will board a ship for a weeklong cruise to Vancouver. After that, we are traveling to Seattle by train, where we will sightsee before flying home again. The only reason Jim agreed to this trip is that I was fortunate enough (or, if I do say so myself, shrewd enough) to secure an unbelievably inexpensive cruise deal six months ago. I was also able to reserve frequent flyer seats for our flights. Cruising Alaska in May is about half the price of going in June, July, or August. Seriously, it is about half the price. So, the four of us and Richie will set off to the great, white north, where, incidentally, they still have snow on the ground in many places, including our cruise departure city. As long as Adam’s laptop cooperates, I will attempt to keep the blog updated with pictures and posts of our adventures. I am excited, yet very, very nervous, about a ziplining tour we have booked in Ketchikan, Alaska. Check it out here: http://www.alaskacanopy.com I cannot believe that I actually signed up for this – hurtling through the treetops in the Alaskan Rainforest (yes, there is a rainforest in Alaska. . .) suspended by a wire cable. It was all my idea, too. What in the world was I thinking?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy it up here in May. You should also plan to do some salmon fishing, as they will be running. Ain't nuthin' like a fresh-caught Alaskan salmon!