Friday, May 16, 2008

The TV Critic

Recently I participated in yet another online survey, this one concerning television. I was selected to critique a concept children’s tv program, provided that "my 7-to-14-year-old boy" was also available to watch and offer his opinions regarding the show. The research company sent a top-secret DVD to our house for us to view and evaluate. Jake and I watched it together and thought it was HILARIOUS. Afterwards, Jacob dutifully completed and submitted the internet survey and will be compensated $5.00 for his troubles. We are not supposed to discuss the contents of the episode with anyone, apparently so none of our many highfalutin tv producer friends will steal the idea and make it into their own blockbuster series. I have to mail the DVD back, but Jacob and I both hope that the program will actually make it onto television. It deals with a subject close to Jacob’s heart, so any of you who know him can probably guess the topic. Wish we could talk more about it, but our lips are sealed! And don’t offer Jacob any bribes, either, because he can easily be bought.

I also want to add that a few weeks ago, I did receive a reimbursement check for my secret shopper dinner last month. With all the extra money we are raking in, Jim will soon be able to quit his job.

No comments: