Monday, May 26, 2008

Ahoy!

I'll just post a quick update, as it is after midnight here on the ship. (4 a.m. at home) Our pricey drive from Anchorage to our cruise port went well on Saturday. The tunnel that connects Whittier, AK to the rest of the world was very creepy - dark, one lane, narrow, low, rock walls, etc. I was happy to see the light at the end! It was raining when we boarded the ship, but cleared up nicely by sailaway time.

Our suite is, quite simply, just awesome! It is everything I imagined it would be, and then some. It has a living room, two bedrooms, two huge closets, two bathrooms, and a balcony. Plus, we receive all kinds of suite amentities - MUCH more than we ever did in our Royal Caribbean suites. I *double heart* Princess. Included is free internet, so here I sit.

Today we were at sea all day. We were supposed to cruise past the "College Fjords" in the morning, but the fog was so thick, and the ice chunks were so numerous, that the captain turned the ship around and headed from the bay back into the Pacific. One interesting thing while traveling through fog on a vessel, is the mandatory use of the foghorn. For hours, we heard the deep, loud "WOOOO" of the horn every two minutes; like clockwork. In the afternoon, the five of us entered a Scavenger Hunt and won first place. We are now the proud owners of Princess hats. Jacob has spent more time than he usually does in the Kids' Club, and I met up today with some people that I had been conversing with on a cruise website. Everyone else that we speak with on the ship has been lucky enough to see whales, porpoises, seals, and other sea life in the ocean. We have seen one otter. Well, maybe tomorrow!

I think that with Adam's and/or Richie's assistance, I will be able to figure out how to upload some pictures soon. For now I will sign off and get to sleep.

No comments: