Friday, March 7, 2008

Progress

The cut on my knuckle is finally starting to mend. Hurray! I have used my splint almost daily and that seems to have made a difference. It is approximately 75% closed now. I am worried, however, that if I move my finger too much the slit will reopen. I’ll just go easy on the knuckle-bending for a while, and hopefully it will heal completely. Insurance invoices have recently begun arriving in our mailbox. My initial visit to "Urgent Care" to receive the stitches cost close to $700, and the suture removal was another $200. Seems a bit excessive – especially for treatment that was not even remotely successful. By the way, skiing with an injured middle finger is no problem. I just slapped waterproof tape over some gauze and all was well. I decided to forgo using the metal splint, though, because I really did not desire frostbitten fingers. Pattye inquired as to why I have not yet posted a picture of the hideous laceration, and all I could come up with was that I simply never thought of that. I promise to start taking more photos for the blog in the future.

No comments: