Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a Lack of Oxygen Can Do to the Brain

I just received a call from my mother-in-law at the rehab place. It is 11:45 p.m. now. She wanted to know if she should finish packing her things so she would be ready to leave as soon as the doctor arrived to release her. (Note: No release date has been determined.) She grumbled that the woman in the next bed was not yet awake, and she was having difficulty getting around in the dark room. I soon realized that she thought it was morning! I informed her what time it was, and explained that I had not even gone to bed for the night. She could hardly believe it, but did profess, “I wondered why the Tonight Show was on in the morning.” I am having visions of more phone calls overnight. And dreams – no, nightmares – of other things to come.

No comments: