Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Civic

We bought a new car last week. It will replace Jim’s 1999 Acura, and will basically be used by him to commute back and forth to work. Jim and Jacob did all of the research, visited different dealerships, and test-drove numerous vehicles. After they (well, Jim) decided which car they (Jim again) liked the best, they took me along to help with the monetary negotiations. The salesman that assisted us was typically sleazy. That seems to be a trait common to many car salespersons. (Note I said many, not all. My apologies to any car sellers out there. I am sure you are honest and professional.) Jim and I have purchased at least ten new automobiles over the years, and it is usually a fun challenge to haggle a lower and lower price. This sales guy was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, though, and he was rude as well. He actually referred to “destination charges” as “designation charges” repeatedly. Anyway, we eventually worked out an acceptable price and picked up the car on Friday. Jim and Jacob absolutely love it. Adam likes it just fine, too. Me? I am getting used to it. The front of it reminds me of a Concorde (the airplane, not the Chrysler) or a space shuttle.







No comments: