Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Google Maps

If you haven’t done so already, check out the “Street View” option on Google Maps. The Google people apparently drove around various cities last summer with a panoramic camera mounted atop a van. As a result, you can “drive” down a road on your computer, and stop & spin 360-degrees at any point. You can see houses as if you were right out in front of them. And cars. And, if people happened to be outdoors while the Google vehicle was going by, then they, too, are displayed on the internet. I am just lucky that my street has not been done yet. I cannot even imagine my humiliation if they had caught me out in the yard. I will now forever be on the lookout for that Google van. I have heard that Google has actually removed some images from “Street View” after people complained they were recorded doing embarrassing things. There are even websites devoted to interesting Google “Street View” sightings. It’s all pretty amazing.

Mother-in-law news: I am bringing Bev to a doctor appointment Tuesday afternoon. She talked to me by phone many times on Monday to verify and re-verify the date and time. She insists that I arrive early to pick her up so we can determine how to operate her portable oxygen. I reminded her that she just used it Saturday at the restaurant, but she doesn't remember. She also had a home health care nurse over on Monday, and persuaded the poor woman to call me twice just to "get all the facts straight." Good times.

No comments: