Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Up, Up, and Away

Jacob and I flew from Detroit to Denver this afternoon to visit Adam. Security screenings at the airports that we have been to lately all include those new-fangled full-body scan machines. I have no objection to them and have always stepped in, been scanned, then been sent on my way. I don't know what I did differently this time - in fact I was wearing the same pair of jeans that I had on the last time I flew - but I somehow raised the suspicions of the TSA. An agent asked if I had on a belt and when I said no, she informed me that I would need a pat down of my mid-section. It is definitely time to lose weight if my waistline appears on a body scanner as a belt. Yikes!

Our westward flight was bumpy, with a few minutes of fairly severe turbulence. As the aircraft pitched wildly about, I glanced at Jacob. I knew I had raised a good flyer when he smiled at me and exclaimed, "This is fun, it's like a roller coaster!" We landed in Denver right on time and sent Adam a text to let him know that we had arrived. Imagine our surprise when he replied that he had overslept and was still at his apartment in Fort Collins - an hour north of Denver International. Adam blamed his alarm clock for the mix-up, and he also missed a morning presentation at school that he had intended to attend before picking us up. After hanging around, walking around, and sitting around the airport (Jacob and I now know that place very well), Adam's Jeep came zipping into the passenger pick-up area. We made it to his apartment a few hours later than expected.

1 comment:

ModemMama said...

Wow that is a good flyer. To this day Janny's first reaction is 'Aaarghghg-I'm gonna die'