Thursday, May 5, 2011

Headlights

While driving the CRV in the dark last month, Jacob and I noticed that one of our headlights was burned out. We were in Michigan at the time and Jim was due to fly up from Texas the next week, so we decided to leave the repair for him. Night after night I felt like somewhat of a criminal, stealthily cruising around town with only one working head lamp. Luckily, Jim showed up and fixed the headlight, claiming that it was one of the most annoyingly-located bulbs that he has ever had to replace.

We were pretty surprised when, the very next day, the other headlight burned out. Perturbed, Jim went back to the auto parts store, bought another bulb, and changed it.

After Jim flew back to Texas, I was happy that I no longer had to sneak about with a malfunctioning headlight while driving the CRV in the dark. I was especially glad that both bulbs hadn't gone kaput at the same time. A few nights later I was picking Jacob up from Richie's house. Richie walked outside with us when we left, and began waving his arms as we backed out of his driveway. I rolled down the window only to be informed that the original burned out headlight was again not working. What's with that? Since we were leaving for Texas the next day, we once more decided to leave the stupid headlight repair for Jim's next visit to Michigan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is freaky

ModemMama said...

Jean really said that it was freaky, I didn't know that Jenna was signed in

Dandy Don said...

"Turn out the lights...the party's over!"