Friday, May 13, 2011

Muddy Waters

I woke up Wednesday morning at our house in Texas with every intention of swimming some laps in the pool before heading back to Michigan that night. The weather was hot and I was looking forward to hanging around outdoors. I must say that I was less than thrilled when I peeked out back and saw that the pool appeared a bit, um, murky. Something had obviously gone awry with the filter and the water was eerily similar to Fishy's tank when it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time. Disgusting. Jim had taken the car to work that day, so I wasn't able to run a water sample over to the pool store for evaluation. (Which is a handy service that they offer free of charge - bring in your water, they test it on the spot, and tell you how to remedy your situation.) As soon as Jim got home from downtown we had to immediately leave for the airport. So, we were forced to abandon our normally beautiful, blue, sparkling-clean swimming pool in a state of total gross-ness until Monday when Jim returns to Houston. I'm sure that with a few magical chemicals and/or an adjustment of some pool equipment dials, the water will once again clear up nicely. I only wish that I had thought to snap some photos of the pool in all its muckiness because, hopefully, it will never be that scummy-looking again.

No comments: