Monday, July 6, 2009

The Upper Peninsula

Our trip to the U.P. has been nice and relaxing after the frantic-ness of last week. We toured a copper mine, hung out at the beach, ate pasties, and visited numerous northern Michigan tourist attractions. If nothing else, our travels over the past few days have shown us that many people in the upper peninsula lead much slower-paced lives than we do - particularly the people that work in restaurants up here. I'm not saying that the waitresses we have encountered haven't been friendly and knowledgeable, but, wow, service has often been excruciatingly slow! I kind of envy folks who take the time to smell the roses, though.

Unfortunately, I do not have any of my camera cords with me, so I will have to wait until we arrive home to download my pictures. We are heading south tomorrow, so I will go through my trip photos and post some of them soon!

No comments: