Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment 2 BLOG

I found out, quite by accident, that Adam's U of M group actually has a blog that they are updating while on their tornado chase. The students take turns documenting their activities, and Adam has written the latest narrative. They have also uploaded pictures to the blog. I have put a link on my sidebar for anyone interested in following their endeavors.

Jacob and I have had fun tracking the VORTEX2 team via The Weather Channel. TWC has a daily "live stream" on the internet, and yesterday we were able to see the U of M minivans drive past Mike Bettes and company on the road. We tried to call Adam to give us a wave, but he did not answer his phone. I'm sure he was busy monitoring radio transmission from the VORTEX2 crew, tracking GPS coordinates, and doing other things more significant than taking a call from his mother. Today they are on the move again, hoping to encounter some severe weather.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I've been killing time at work today reading entries. Tom will be so jealous when he hears of Adams big tornado adventure! Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Bev. Check out my blog and you can read about Tom's open heart surgery in March....Anyway, Sean is graduating in June. We'll be having a party at the end of the month-- hope you can come!