Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Westward Ho

In a few weeks, we are going to Park City, Utah to ski. I found some awesome airfares a couple months ago (pat self on back), and now we are in the process of booking a condo for our stay. Fortunately for us, there are quite a few empty units just waiting for a nice family like ours to come along. So far, I have contacted 122 condo owners (why, yes, I do keep track) to check availability and prices. Almost all of them have emailed me back, which has made for quite a crowded inbox lately. Anyway, since there are so many units still available, I feel confident waiting until the last minute to book, hoping that perhaps a perfectly cozy ski-in/ski-out location with a hot tub and separate beds for the boys (not that Jacob kicks and moves around a lot at night) will suddenly open up at a reasonable price.


Before we head out west, I do need to purchase some replacement ski poles. On our last ski adventure in December, Jacob and I had a collision on a trail, and, as a result, the bottom few inches of one of my poles bent perpendicular to the rest. When we attempted to bend it back, the metal snapped. Jim was actually taking movies of the rest of us skiing at the time of the little mishap, so the pole-bending incident is captured on film. As soon as Adam will assist me, I will post the video clip here.

No comments: