Saturday, February 28, 2009

High and Dry

After taking Tuesday off from skiing and snowboarding this week, we were all refreshed and ready to hit the Utah slopes again on Wednesday & Thursday. The great weather continued and we absolutely loved the runs and trails at the resort. Adam and Jacob were zipping down incredibly steep hills and doing it very well. They are now officially spoiled, and will never again be content at the small ski areas near our house.

Adam successfully recovered from his unexpected run-in with the altitude. My sinuses, on the other hand, could never quite get used to the thin, dry air at the resort. My mouth was constantly dry and my throat was always scratchy. I never thought I would miss the humidity of Michigan, but I did!

We arrived home from Salt Lake City this afternoon - one day later than planned. Jim, Jacob, and I voluntarily "bumped" from our Friday flight in return for some free airline tickets and first class seats on today's flight. Adam chose to fly home yesterday using our original itinerary. (He is such a party pooper!) And poor Richie has spent the past two days driving back and forth to the airport to fetch us - first Adam and eight of our bags last night, then Jim, Jacob, and I and the rest of our luggage today.

We did take a lot of pictures during our week in the mountains, and after I look through them all I will post some. We also shot videos, but I cannot make any promises about getting those posted here without some assistance. I wonder if there is any such thing as an easy-to-use, easy-to-edit movie camera out there for old people? If so, I'm buying!

No comments: