Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Big Chill

It has been extremely chilly around these parts lately. There have been many days where the high temperature has only reached 5 or 10 degrees. One night the low went down to 18 below zero, and most local school districts canceled classes the next morning so students riding buses would not have to wait outside in the bitter conditions. One person who has not stayed in out of the cold is Norm. He has been hoofing around the ‘hood in the bone-chilling wintry weather, and trudging through snow and ice, as well. He told me the other day that he is closing in on 1,000 days of walking, and I don’t think that he has any intention of stopping anytime soon. Even if the arctic chill continues, Norm will probably keep on going. If I had half of his self-discipline, I would be happy. As it is, I actually did ride my exercise bike today - in the warmth of my family room. Now if only I would remember to ride it again tomorrow, then the next day, and so on, I would finally be on the right track!

No comments: