Monday, December 29, 2008

Year-End Mirth

We have been busy, busy, busy the past four days or so. On Friday, we had a fun afternoon of bowling. Seventeen friends and family members showed up at Garden Lanes. Eric scored the best, rolling two games in the 190s! Julia and Muffin bowled for the first time and did fairly well with the aid of bumpers. I have cute pictures of the young ones that I will post as soon as my computer returns from the fix-it shop. (I'm still using Adam's laptop and I'm not sure how to download pictures onto it!) On Saturday, which was Jacob's actual birthday, we were able to use Jim's company suite at Joe Louis Arena to watch the Great Lakes Invitational College Hockey Tournament. U of M ended up winning the competition. The temperature on Saturday reached a record 62 degrees, and, had it not been raining the whole day, it would have been pretty awesome. It is now cold again, and I am ready for some more snow.

Bev was released from the hospital Friday night, no closer than she was last week to discovering why her stomach hurt so badly that one day. She had test after test, including a stress test, and passed all of them. The electricity went out at the assisted living place yesterday, and Jim got a call that the residents were being evacuated. Bev ended up hanging out at Debbie's house for a few hours until power was restored.

Jim, Adam, and Jacob attended the Plymouth Whalers hockey game this afternoon. Richie is taking Jacob to a movie tomorrow, then we have the New Year's Eve party on Wednesday. I guess now is also the time to think about making some New Year's resolutions for 2009. I'll let you know if I come up with anything interesting.

No comments: