Friday, February 18, 2011

Tour Guide

Meijer is probably my very favorite store in the whole world. They sell just about anything you could ever need, all under one roof. Meijer stores were the first hypermarkets/supercenters in the U.S. Unfortunately, they are only located in Michigan, Ohio. Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. It is one thing that I really miss when I am at our house in Texas. Target and Walmart are fair substitutes, but when it comes down to it, nothing really compares to Meijer.

Jim is also a fan of Meijer. Whenever he is in Michigan, Jim visits Meijer every single day. He always thinks of something that he needs - from some yogurt to a pair of shoes to a set of windshield wipers. And everything in between. He probably knows our local Meijer store better than most of their employees. Last week, when Jim was in Texas, I went to Meijer to pick up a few things. I was having a difficult time finding the Q-Tips, but I kept wandering around the pharmacy area, certain that by the process of elimination, I would eventually come upon the right aisle. Luckily, Jim happened to call while I was there and guided me - from 1,300 miles away - directly to the ear swab section. I thought that I knew that store pretty well, but Jim definitely knows it better than I do. If you are ever shopping at Meijer and having trouble finding something, just phone Jim. I guarantee that he will be able to lead you to your item before you can even find an employee to assist you.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I really miss Meijer too! I can't tell you how many times I've ended up going to three different stores to get all of the things I'm buying, while thinking "you know, Meijer would have all of this..."

LINDA said...

I hear you!

Anonymous said...

Spent so much time in Meijers again this afternoon, there was another blizzard when I got out! Could only see a half mile!