Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Deer Tracks

Our neighborhood deer were back to visit recently. I'm sure they are probably around almost every day, but I only notice them occasionally. This time there were four of the cute critters frolicking in the brush behind our condo. I kind of hope that they don't decide to hang out here in the summertime, though, because I have heard many horror stories about deer destroying flowers and plants.

Speaking of flowers and plants being destroyed, the weather in Houston has not been at all kind to my prized tropical trees and bushes. Jim has kept a lot of our outdoor foliage covered during the many, many nights of "hard freeze warnings." Our banana tree will need to be cut back again this year and it sounds as if our new palm trees are dying, also. The Texans tell us that weather like this is extremely unusual. It seems pretty typical to us, though, since both winters we have owned our house in Houston have brought well-below-normal temperatures.

I was able to snap a photo of the deer, although it is difficult to see them behind the trees.

No comments: