Sunday, January 30, 2011

Animal Crossing

I was sitting in the condo living room a few days ago when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something moving around in the snow out back. We have a nice space beyond our backyard that consists of trees, shrubs, and undergrowth, as well as a small wetland area that boasts a plethora of frogs (or maybe they're toads, I don't know) during warmer months. I figured that it was most likely the neighbor's dog dashing around outside, as the mutt has recently begun to use our yard as a toilet - which is kind of gross, but, in the neighbor's defense, they do clean it up. I was surprised that "Peanut" was so far back into the brush, though, so I took a second look. After closer review, I saw that it was not actually the dog bounding around, but a deer. When I saw a second deer, I ran to get my camera so I could capture a picture of the creatures. I rushed back to the window just in time to see both deer lope away. I've kept my eyes open, and my camera close by, but they have yet to return for a photo shoot.

Update: Jacob and I were driving from Richie's house to the condo Monday evening when we noticed a large pile of something in the middle of the road. As we slowed and swerved around the clump, we saw that it was the bloody, recently-hit carcass of a deer. Bummer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is there never a camera near by ?
Jean Winther

ModemMama said...

Aww bummer for the deer!