Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Jim and I were invited to a party at Comerica Park on Saturday to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. We ate dinner at the Tiger Club Restaurant, then watched the Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins baseball game, which lasted four extra innings! The temperature dropped into the mid-50s before the duel was over, and my Texas-acclimated blood was secretly whining about the cool weather. The game was exciting, though, and the Tigers ended up victorious in the 13th inning.

On Sunday, Nancy hosted a BBQ for those of us with birthdays in September. A friend of mine offered to bake me a cake, and, wow, was I ever surprised when I saw the size of it! The thing was so huge and so heavy that I could barely pick it up. Jim stepped on the scale while holding the cake and it weighed 21 pounds! It had a total of eight sticks of butter in the frosting & mix, and, boy, was it ever delicious!

Saturday in the the park, bottom of the 13th and 54 degrees.

We stayed after the game to watch the fireworks.

Check out the vastness of my monstrosity next to Laura's cute cat-shaped cake and Pattye's normal-sized two-layer one.

No comments: