Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Real Estate Blues

We received another bid on our long-for-sale house last Friday. Things were looking good with the offer until we spoke to our relocation representative today. We will find out more information on Wednesday, but I am no longer confident that this latest transaction will pan out. Jim and I have decided that if it falls through, we will just take the buy-out money. Then I will whine about how many times I cleaned and scrubbed that house for showings, only to end up handing it over to the company. It is too bad that we had to put our home on the market during the worst economic downturn in recent history. With so many foreclosures out there, who would buy a full-priced house? (Apparently not many people!) We'll see how things go tomorrow, but I suspect that I will not be doing any happy dances. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: