Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Drive-in Movie

I took Jacob, Jenna, and Nick to see a flick at our local drive-in the other night. I had not been to a drive-in for 30 years or so, and the kids have never been to one. I must say it was just as fun as I remembered. There was a double feature playing, and the movie that we all wanted to see was the second one. Due to the late sunset this time of year, the first show didn't begin until after 9:30, which put the starting time for our movie around 11:45. Fortunately, the kids are all night owls, so being awake during the wee hours did not phase them a bit. The weather was pleasant, so we set up chairs outside the car. I look forward to going to the drive-in again sometime soon.

We saved a fortune by bringing our own snacks with us!

3 comments:

Eric said...

That sounds like a blast. I'm gonna have to get out there this year, since I haven't been to a drive-in since 1989.

LINDA said...

I'm sure the kiddies would love to join you . . .

DR VINNY BOOM BOTTS said...

The idea is to put people in the trunk to get them in!