Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crunch

Jacob and I stopped by Kohl's this evening to shop for some curtains for the condo. We were disappointed to find that Kohl's did not carry window treatments. We trotted back out to the CRV and backed slowly out of our parking spot. When we had gone about three feet, Jacob suddenly yelled, "CAR!" I heard the sickening sound of metal meeting metal. We jumped out to discover that the man backing out of the spot behind us had rammed right into our rear quarter panel. There was barely a dent in the CRV, and his car was not damaged at all, but the man was ranting and swinging his arms around. I tried to calmly explain that he must have been pulling out too fast and had quite obviously hit my vehicle, but he rudely ignored me and continued carrying on. I suggested we exchange names and phone numbers, but he refused. He bellowed that either we call the police or just leave. I knew that it wasn't necessary to get the cops involved, so I told him that he was not a very nice guy and hopped back into the CRV. I wrote down his license plate number, and he apparently noticed that and didn't like it. He charged over to my window and yelled that we might as well call the police if I needed his plate number. I repeated that he was not very nice and drove away. Just my luck to have a raving maniac run into me. What ever happened to simple manners?

1 comment:

Eric said...

Ugh, what a bummer. I can't stand when people lost their cool over something stupid, especially when it's their fault.