Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roadside Stand

Whenever I am out and about in Texas, I always notice things that you just don't see in other parts of the country. There are lots of roadside fruit & vegetable booths in the south, and, no, those aren't all that unusual. While tooling down the highway the other day, though, I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a produce stand off in the distance. I wondered what crops might be in season in February, and was eager to see what was for sale. I was amused and surprised when I drove closer and observed the big, bold letters on the booth's overhead sign. Nope, they were not selling food of any sort, but instead "Knives and Swords." So, if anyone is ever in the market for a new sword, just contact me and I can point you in the right direction.

3 comments:

ModemMama said...

Have you seen the 'Taco' trucks, like Ice Cream trucks up here. Also, they set up play pens and sell dogs out of them. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've actually been in the market for a good sword as soon as I have the money. You need to get me some pictures and prices and maybe we can talk.

LINDA said...

Yes, I have seen the "Taco Trucks," but not the dog sellers! I must remember to keep my camera with me at all times.