Friday, October 30, 2009

The Inspectors are Coming

As if we weren't having enough fun organizing and cleaning our home to spiff it up for our upcoming appraisals, we have just been informed by our "relocation counselor" that two inspectors will be coming by our house. Soon. The first pesky sleuth will be over on Monday at one o'clock. Apparently, Jim's company wants to be fully prepared in the event that we don't sell the place and they end up owning it. I am not overly worried about straightening up for the inspector because he/she will be mostly concerned with things like electricity, plumbing, and the furnace. Unfortunately, he/she will probably need to access our attic to check on the roof and insulation. And the portal to the attic is through the ceiling of my closet. And my "walk-in" closet is anything but "walk-in." It is more like "climb-into-and-scale-the-giant-hill-of-stuff." Now I get to spend my weekend attempting to at least make some sort of clearing in the piles of clothes and other junk on the floor so the inspector can position his/her ladder somewhere in there and get into the attic. This reminds me of another time that I had a strangely similar dilemma. See here.

No comments: