Monday, August 10, 2009

Busted Bunny

I was up much earlier than usual on Sunday morning as I had to drop Jim off at the airport. (He and his new boss from Houston are meeting at their company headquarters in Calgary this week. All I ask is that the two of them come up with an exact date that Jim will start working in Texas so I can more accurately plan the important things in our future - like vacations and such.) Anyway, when I was pulling back into the driveway around 7:30 a.m., I saw a rabbit sitting in the middle of my flower bed greedily munching on what is left of my blue verbenas. I attempted to stealthily grab my camera and snap a picture of the little devil, but it took off like a shot as soon as it heard me. Apparently even the expensive rabbit repellent - appropriately named "Scoot" - that we spray on the annuals is no match for the wicked varmints. I am thinking that perhaps next year I will just resort to plastic flowers, which would save both money and aggravation.

No comments: