Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Round is a Shape

I am half-heartedly attempting to get back on my WWND (What Would Norm Do?) diet and exercise program. Since May of 2006, Norm has hoofed around 900 days! I don’t think he is as driven as he once was about his walking regimen, but he still gets his exercise, eats well, has low cholesterol, and has kept his weight down. I meandered around the neighborhood on three separate occasions a few weeks ago, but stopped when the weather turned cold. I then decided to drag my exercise bike into the warm, cozy family room so I could ride it while watching television. Did that twice. I really wish that I could achieve the exhilarating euphoria that allegedly accompanies physical exertion. Where are those wonderful exercise-induced endorphins and when exactly are they supposed to kick in? Anyway, now that winter is on the way, we have a couple of ski trips planned. I figure that I really should get into some sort of shape so I don’t find myself whining and aching after a day on the slopes. This is certainly a challenging time of the year for me to try to stay away from snacks and goodies, but I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll keep you informed on my progress . . . or lack thereof!

No comments: