Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Taste of Texas

Jake and I arrived in Houston last week to typical hot and humid summertime weather. We continually whine about the southern heat, but enjoy swimming in our pool, which boasts lovely 86 degree water. Even though that may seem too warm for some people, it is the perfect pool temperature, in my opinion. It is, after all, almost 20 degrees below the air temp, and I actually feel chilly when the 105 degree breeze hits me as I emerge from the water. The relentless heat does wear thin after a while, though, and both Jacob and I usually look forward to getting back up north to cooler weather after spending an extended period of time in Texas. But - whoa - now the temperatures in Michigan have also been at the century mark and above. What is going on with this heatwave? We do plan to head to the U.P. around the 4th of July, so hopefully we will find a reprieve from 90 and 100 degree temperatures up there.

Texas in the shade - temperatures that only Norm could appreciate.

No comments: