Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm Sirius

After searching for a new SUV for a few months, Jim and I finally decided to purchase a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has tons of room and I was delighted to find that it got over 25 miles to the gallon on my recent drive from Michigan to Texas. Even though we didn't buy the fancy-schmancy model, our version has many awesome standard features that typically cost extra in other vehicles. Besides things like 4-wheel-drive and rear seat air/heat vents, our Jeep came with free Sirius satellite radio for a year. I must admit that not only was I underwhelmed when our sales guy informed us about this service, I also did not really know what it entailed. When Jake and I were cruising through the boonies of Kentucky the other day, we were annoyed that we couldn't find a radio station without static. I clicked on the Sirius button and things have not been the same since then.  I scanned through many of the available channels - including music from the 40s, 50s, 60s, every kind of rock or talk, weather, traffic, show tunes, country, etc. - and became "siriusly" transfixed. I fell in love with the songs from the 70s station and reminisced for hours while listening to familiar tune after tune after tune. I hadn't heard "Chick a Boom" for decades! I am now a sucker for Sirius and only time will tell if this is just a phase I am going through or if I am hopelessly hooked on satellite radio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to play the 40's channel for Mom (but she couldn't hear it.)
After the free year they'll offer it to you $24.00 for 6 months. When it goes up, just cancel and they'll lower it.

ModemMama said...

I couldn't go without Sirius, and I insist on it in rental cars too.