Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Vacation Photos

Here are some pictures taken on our cruise last week. We stopped at Costa Maya, Mexico, Belize City, Belize, Roatan, Honduras, and Cozumel, Mexico.

Our pretty ship. Go away clouds!

The iguanas apparently grow to be quite large in Central America. And I thought the critters in Texas were big!

One of our cute towel animals - was it a dog or a pig?

Jacob hung out on his balcony on a day at sea.

Adam found a place to catch a few zzzzzs.

A view of Mahogany Bay from our balcony at Roatan, Honduras.

Flamingos and Scarlet Macaws were right out in the open.

Jake, Jim, and Adam floated down an underground river. I wouldn't go because I thought the water would be too cold. I now wish I wouldn't have been so wimpy.

Jacob and Jim posed at a beautiful beach.

I finally saw a manatee! Two actually, but they would never swim near each other. The photo does not do this guy justice - he was huge!

Relaxing at our palapa (little hut with thatched roof) near Cozumel. We ate authentic Mexican nachos and drank Coronas.

2 comments:

Cousin Dave said...

YOWZA! I envy you guys! Looks like a great trip with fabulous weather. (Of course we can't see the humidity in the photos!) We have had the coldest, rainiest winter I can ever remember in California. We have had about 130" of snow plus 45" of rain at our mountain house (which is only at 4000 feet). Just up the road 30 miles from us at 7000 feet they are closing in on 500" of snow! That's no typo...500"!! And the ground depth now exceeds 15 feet! So...moral of the story is next time the Davis gang saddles up for a cruise...take me! Take me!!

ModemMama said...

Wow nice!!!! I can't wait now. I don't think I would have done that underwater river either.