Thursday, November 19, 2009

We are Texans

Kind of. We closed on our Texas house on Tuesday afternoon. Jim was there in person. I think that his involvement in the transaction was pretty easy because all he had to do was show up and scribble his signature on some documents. I, on the other hand, sat at the bank for over an hour on Monday afternoon manipulating our financial accounts and shifting money around. I signed all of the papers sent to me from the title company, had them notarized, and shipped them back to Texas via FedEx overnight delivery Monday evening. I returned to the bank on Tuesday morning with the final closing costs and wired the money to the title company's account in Houston. I was skeptical that everything would actually end up where it was supposed to be at the correct time, but, amazingly, all went very well. Jim got the keys to the house and brought a few things there after the closing. He took some pictures, but does not know how to send them to me via the internet. I will be able to post some of the photos this weekend, as Jim will be back home tomorrow.

No comments: