Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pi Day

This upcoming Saturday is Pi Day. Get it - 3.14? There is actually a Pi Day website (http://www.piday.org) where they have an official countdown clock, Pi Day ecards, Pi ties, shirts, buttons, and more. I had no idea that there were so many math nerds, er, enthusiasts, in the world. Personally, I find this all a bit strange, but, then, some of the things I enjoy may seem odd to others. Anyway, I don't see Pi Day as ever taking off and becoming a really popular holiday or anything. But, people evidently do celebrate it, and when I mentioned it to Adam, he knew all about Pi Day. All I know is that talking about Pi so much is making me hungry. I wish I had a nice chocolate cream right about now! Maybe I will buy a pie on Saturday to mark the occasion.

No comments: