Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oink

I went to the doctor this afternoon for my annual blood pressure/cholesterol check-up. My blood pressure was pretty good considering it is always a smidge higher in the presence of medical professionals than it is at home. My cholesterol level was awesome - hooray for simvastatin, a true wonder drug! All of my other bloodwork fell within acceptable ranges as well.

Then the nurse weighed me.

I was certain that something must have been wrong with their fancy, new digital scale. Seriously. My weight had gone up 10 pounds since my appointment last year. TEN POUNDS! Hideous for someone who has actually been exercising and eating less than usual. Ugh! So now I have to exercise even more and eat even less. Double ugh! My WWND diet has obviously not worked very well lately, so I think I will have to revamp it and go from there.

Guess I won't be purchasing that celebratory Pi Day pie on Saturday after all.

No comments: