Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love My New TV

For the past few weeks, we have been shopping for a new television. I have learned things about TVs that I never even wanted to know. I now possess knowledge about plasma vs. LCD. I understand about contrast and about 720 vs. 1080 resolution. After comparing what seemed like about 25,000 different TV sets, we finally settled on a 52” flat screen, LCD, full-HD Olevia. We brought it home tonight, set it up, and have been playing with it for hours. We discovered, quite by accident, that our WOW cable/internet/phone bundle includes free high definition service for seven different channels. Now, all we need to do is add a DVR to our WOW package, so we can actually record shows using something other than our ancient VCR. And maybe get the HD service for the rest of our channels. Then, we will finally be on our way to crossing the threshold into the 21st century!

No comments: