Friday, June 13, 2008

Recent Happenings

Yesterday I took Jacob for an all-day neuropsychological assessment to specifically check for dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia. Who in the world, with the exception of Pattye, has ever even heard of dyscalculia? The neuropsych folks made the testing “fun” (Jacob’s word), and he handled the grueling, 8-hour schedule well. We are looking forward to receiving the evaluation results in two weeks.

Today I intend to spend the day cleaning and shopping for our kind-of-annual hometown fireworks party tomorrow. Besides the usual clutter around the house, I still have a few things to put away from our vacation. In contrast, Jim unpacked all of his clothes, put his suitcase downstairs, and had a load of laundry in the washing machine within an hour of our arrival home last week. Freak. I did catch a glimpse of my seven-pound load of papers from Alaska that caused so much trouble at the Seattle airport check-in counter on our return trip, and wondered if I will ever really look through them, much less make use of any of them. I guess $80.00 would not have been well spent if I had paid Delta's overweight suitcase fee on our flight home, only to never even use the pricey (and heavy) contents of the offending brochure-filled packet. I really must become more of a “thrower away-er” in the future.

No comments: