Monday, October 17, 2011

South of the Equator

This weekend, Adam will be taking off on a five-and-a half week long expedition to the other side of the world. From Denver he will fly to Singapore via San Francisco and Hong Kong. After spending two days in Singapore, he will hop onto a U.S. military aircraft for a six-hour flight to the island of Diego Garcia. Diego Garcia is a small atoll in the middle of the Indian Ocean that has no commercial airport, just a U.S. military base. Adam and two other atmospheric science graduate students are going there to participate in a climate research project called "Dynamics of the Madden-Julian Oscillation," or DYNAMO. Diego Garcia is tropical, hot, & humid, and appears to be quite scenic. If I can persuade Adam to send me some pictures while he is there, I will post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog
article or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think
we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be
interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward
to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
Here is my web site - warz