Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hay Fever Season

I don't know about anyone else, but my allergies have been on the warpath recently. I was pretty congested when I was in Texas in early August and things did not improve (as I hoped they might) when I arrived back in Michigan a month ago. The congestion, headaches, scratchy throat, goopy eyes, sneezing, and coughing have just gone on and on. I have checked out allergy reports online and discovered that both weed pollen and mold spores have been in the high to very-high range around here. Ugh! My allergies had not been too bad the past few years, so I suspected that maybe I was "outgrowing" them; something my mother told me would happen eventually. Ha - no such luck! Now all I can do is take allergy pills as I wait patiently for the first good freeze that will kill most of the ragweed in southeast Michigan. Hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later this fall. This week would be fine with me.

1 comment:

Adam said...

My allergies have also been pretty annoying lately, especially over the last two weeks or so. I'm hoping for a good freeze to happen soon in my neck of the woods as well!