Monday, May 17, 2010

Springtime in the South

The weather in Texas has been pretty nice the past couple of weeks. In fact, I have not worn shoes or long pants since I have been here - only flip-flops and shorts. The temperatures have been consistently normal and/or above-normal, rising into the upper 80s and even the lower 90s. Jim and Jacob use our pool quite regularly, and when the water temp climbed to 83 degrees last week, even I went swimming! Jacob quickly snapped a picture of me because it was such a rare sight. The last time I immersed myself in a body of water for recreational purposes was in June, 2007 at a pool in Las Vegas.

Jacob and I drove to Galveston one afternoon. We intended to walk along the beach, but apparently it was high tide.

The homes in Galveston are all built up on stilts.

I always find the strangest things in our Texas yard. These are some leaves with fuzz on one side that I discovered in our bushes.

The previous owners of our house left a reindeer in the garage rafters. I noticed that Jim would never park on this side of the garage, and upon questioning, he admitted that he's worried that the decoration will come tumbling down onto his car. Jim seems to have recovered from his phobia, and the menacing reindeer has stayed securely on its hook. (We now have a menacing Mockingbird that won't leave our garage, but that is another story for another time!)

2 comments:

ModemMama said...

We loved Galveston. Isn't Texas really awesome? Except for the reindeer and fuzzy leaves anyway.

julybusy said...

good article




julybusy, visit :www.hotelsinaberdeen.blogspot.com