Friday, August 22, 2008

WOW - Not so Amazing

Our cable, internet, and phone have all gone kaput lately. All at the same time. More than once. And sometimes for hours at a stretch. I am beginning to think that signing up for a bundle package from one company – WOW in our case – might not have been such a swell strategy. Yesterday, for example, I was on the computer and Jacob was doing something in the family room with “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” blaring in the background. Suddenly, I heard a loud, static-y sound and Jake, by now used to WOW conking out, just yelled matter-of-factly, “Cable’s out again.” Great – and right when I was poised to post some documents onto a website to which I contribute. My mom was trying to call me, and after repeatedly not getting through, she finally tried my cell phone, which, fortunately, was charged and working. Our WOW also went down during an Olympic gold medal ceremony that I was watching last week. Very annoying, especially because I love medal ceremonies and they do not broadcast enough of them as far as I am concerned. Oddly, Richie, who only lives a mile away from us and has the same WOW package, said he has not experienced any service interruptions. He claims that the problem, therefore, must lie with the outdoor wiring in our neighborhood. Anyway, we are notifying WOW, and Jim has threatened to deduct the outage times from our monthly payment. Which would really just make the company chuckle because so far it would amount to less than a dollar or two. But it is the principle of the thing here. I never realized how much I relied on technology until it was not available!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try AT&T or COMCAST

LINDA said...

Well, we did have Comcast and they were far more expensive - but I suppose you get what you pay for! AT&T cable and internet is not yet offered in our 'burb. Drat.